The definition of a hero is different for everyone. For many people a hero may be someone in the spot light who has finally reached their goals like an actress or a politician or a family member that they look up to. To me, a hero is someone who works hard for something they love, they are loyal, and would do anything to make a situation better. An example of a popular hero today would be a man or woman that is serving or has served in the military for our country. Being a member of the military and fighting for your country shows strength, loyalty, and bravery all of these qualities are that of a popular hero in today’s society. I could never imagine what it would be like to be away from your family in an unfamiliar place fighting for something you love.
My mother would be my personal hero, while I have recently just become a mother I realize that being a mother takes much patience, loyalty and devotion. I am very sensitive to the fact that I am a state away from my hero and do not get to share everyday with her. I am consistently keeping in contact with her by sending messages and pictures. The easiest way for me to display my pictures and to keep my mother involved with what is new and constantly changing is to display these things on my FACEBOOK page.
Though you may not directly think of FACEBOOK while thinking of your personal hero or a popular hero, they do relate. Not only do I keep in close contact with my mother using FACEBOOK, I can constantly be updated on what she is up to. I also have close friends that are in the military serving our country, and not being able to see them every day is a challenge. I am still able to view pictures and be reminded of the good times through this social networking site. FACEBOOK users can also join groups created by comedians and others who are in the spot light that they look up to. Yes, FACEBOOK is not a popular hero or personal hero, but it does connect to them. By applying these theories to this social networking site I again realize how much we rely on technology to communicate with the ones we love. This technology allows us to live miles away but still remain so close.
No comments:
Post a Comment